14 March 2006

Too Much Harry Potter

But then, is that even possible? Okay kids, here's the plan: I'm going to go off on my Harry Potter rant and then explain what caused it. Sound good? I think so!
One of the most painful things about reading the Harry Potter series is playing the part of the impotent witness to so much abuse and so many close-calls of it almost worked out for him...damn it! Like all the stuff with Sirius. I mean, what is that?! Finally a chance to have a family, to move away, and he's put back into hiding. Then, once he finally begins to be accepted on the down-low, he "dies." Obviously, I have my theories on THAT one. But still. So, here I am, thinking up little ways for it to work out for him, and I started thinking about how nice it would be if Tonks and Lupin got married and then adopted Harry before I remember that by the time that happens, Harry will be eighteen. I wonder if he still remembers how to do math and things. I guess by age eleven, we don't really learn that much math, do we? Just adding and long division. Anyway, the reason I think about all this now, particularly at six in the morning, is that we all know Harry wakes up with his scar (located on his head) hurting, usually resultant of a dream. I woke up with a horrible headache after a bad dream. No, I'm not saying I'm Harry Potter (although we DO have the same birthday...tee hee!), but rather than think about my dream, I prefer to escape into the world my fellow geeks and I dream up.

Now, what about this dream? In real life, my dad had "pyscho-bitch" Clarissa visit him over last week. Sick. I love how he doesn't find the time to write me when I ask him specific questions while I'm overseas, and then, the moment she leaves, he goes on at great lengths to describe how they "enjoyed each other's company." She was such a hag already, and I find it difficult to believe that age has been gracious to her. Anyway, in my dream, Dad said he was getting married to her and I started yelling at him about how he told me to shoot him if he ever thought about getting married again and how I do love him and want him to be happy but I can't see that with her, considering I don't have strong memories of her making him happy (Hmmm, let me think, what happened again? Was it that their relationship led to dischord and separation between him and his children and then when they broke up, didn't he want to kill himself? Fuck me, I should be more supportive!!!) But I'm sick of having these horrible dreams about myself. I've been trying to be a better person, trying to be more rational and patient, and is this a sign that deep down, I'm just an untameable beast? Yes, I am very passionate and I love that about myself, but I want to be Alexis served with a side of Passion, not Passion with a little bit of Alexis (optional)thrown in for flavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home