29 March 2006

Oh Women...

Mike was right in that women shouldn't have to feel insecure with each other because of men, and unfortuneately, I've been doing just that. Yesterday I felt ashamed and defensive because I was comfortable with a situation another woman was not. I felt like I was a bad person because I love myself, because I am brave and confident, as though these are bad qualities that should be changed and stifled. It makes me feel sick to think of it now, but those feelings still linger even after this recognition. I felt as though the world, particularly those involved in the situation, viewed the other woman as "better" than me because she was insecure with herself and intimidated by me, and this was my fault for coming out from under that repressive rock like a dangerous snake searching for prey, when all I wanted was to enjoy the sunshine for awhile and show her that it's okay to enjoy it, too. Is that really wrong? Should I really feel ashamed for that? No wonder women cannot seem to rise up from all the crap they've endured for centuries! We have to stop putting ourselves and each other down and start opening up to The Sisterhood or we will all fall, and how can life continue without women? How can love continue without life? What is the point of an existence without love (if there even is such a thing)? Do we really want to fade away into the darkness? We have to believe that our souls are stronger than that and start shining our lights onto others, because whether we try or not, someone is going to see our lights. What's the point of causing someone eyestrain when you can show them love and beauty?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

hey miss, i miss hearing from ya, headed for zagreb tomorrow. hope you are doing vondeful peace and love
taff

12:26  
Blogger Mike said...

hey miss, i miss hearing from ya, headed for zagreb tomorrow. hope you are doing vondeful peace and love
taff

12:27  
Blogger Mike said...

ok who was right? you were.. u are always right... you are perfect. everyone loves you..

07:59  
Blogger Kate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

22:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home