14 March 2006

If I'm never as good as "she" in my own mind, how can I hope to be better than she is in his? And why must it always be like that? What is my hangup in accepting and realizing the fact that love is not quantitative, nor should it be measured comparatively? Isn't all love simultaneously collective AND unique? How can one of the world's most-loved people feel like one of the most love-starved? Is Chaucer correct when he describes a lover as victim, causing him to describe his struggle with love as such: "For ay thurst I, the more that ich it drynke," ? Am I the only one with this problem? Am I the only one who asks these questions? Will I ever get answers, and will I ever believe them enough to live them?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

you are not alone in asking, you are not alone in questioning yourself, and not alone in presence, or love. you are not alone in missing or in hurting, and not alone in longing for more.
you are not alone in feeling lonely, and not alone in the world, the trees and and animals around you feel equally as alone when you dont notice them calling you, but dont feel bad about this, its ok, they are forgiving and understanding, and loving. the people too. but they get hung up on stupid things like me and you. i dunno what to say, but dont feel bad (and im sorry to send that letter to you having not seen this, not sorry to say it, but sorry to not tell you all this too.
peace and love -taff

07:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home