19 March 2007

Biking home tonight, I saw a shooting star and instinctively wished to find--and know--my true love. I believe we wish for such things because they last and therefore are of the utmost importance. We do not spend our one magic wish on a perfect career or a material possession; we save for an early retirement and insure the tangible goods for their monetary worth post-loss or destruction; those things that are dearest to us are so because of their sentimental value, because they reminded us of love and caused us to feel it. Marriage is a commitment of two for life, and yes, sometimes the life as we know it of one person may end, despite a continual pulse, and divorce becomes necessary. I thought I had found such a commitment, or at least I had made one. I was told I had the wrong agenda. Talk about star-crossed...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALexis, that is what I wish for every chance I get as well. I was once willing to make that life long commitment to a person I loved, only to find out that that person was only a figment of my imagination and I was in a relationship with someone I didn't know or understand. Loves a terrible thing sometimes but we keep questing for it anyways.

00:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home