09 August 2006

Fluctuating Degrees

It's not just about the weather. I want to do this, I want to do that, why can't I get paid for reading/studying? I'd love to be a private teacher, just someone who sits in a circle with people and tells them what I've learned and we can discuss it all together and learn from each other, but NOOOO, our society doesn't seem to value such methods of education. Why not? I would make one hell of a village elder, plus my quirks would be encouraged and my dreams valued as a gift incarnate. Besides, then I wouldn't have to work in a nursing home where old men get by with attempting foreplay because "they don't know what they're doing." Oh, don't they? It seems to me that getting someone in the mood is a learned behavior rather than an instinct, but what do I know? I'm not an anthropologist. I don't have that degree. The best I have to hope for is that my rants will weave a blanket of inspiration (note the "spirit" within the word itself) in someone's mind if I'm fortunate (note the "fortune" within that word and do take it in a financial context) enough to have something published. But nowadays, who wants to read something by some well-traveled and experienced girl who isn't particularly fond of standard academia? I want to quit my nursing home job and make mancala boards and sell them until I have enough money to quit my other job and travel again, but I probably need a liscense for all the selling, and I probably need some kind of crap-ass degree to get the liscence. Can't a girl just be a healer anymore? I'd heal you, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home