09 January 2006

"It's a bizzy day!" buzzed the Bon Jos Bees

I'm feeling kind of earthy right now. It's great to think about people who use poor grammar but have good vocabularies. My coworker is like that. Maybe that's why it's easy to talk to her for our, uh, hour and a half coffee break: she comes across as not the most educated, not the brightest, but yet, she's not dumb, not the type for just shallow and polite conversation. She knows quite a bit about life and the nature of people, and her vocab totally excells her grammar skills. Whatev. Gramps is still in the hospital...I think he wants to die but is scared. We shared some moments the last few days (been driving Granny to see him during my time off) and we've had a few times where we've locked gazes and his light is really fading. It's been that way for awhile, but I don't think he'll live too much longer. He knows it, discusses it with no one (neither does Granny), and accepts it, but I think he's afraid of something: I don't know what. He's glad when we come to see him, really glad, and he's started calling me his granddaughter as though we actually had that biological relationship. I hope I can help him find some peace; I think I have. Oooh, oooh, very productive date with Dr. M this afternoon. Almost makes me smug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home