16 November 2005

Algun dia...

Funny, two days ago I wrote a huge blog that I accidentally erased. Wonder if it's symbolic somehow, how it was all happy and hopeful and it suddenly vanished. There is hope after all, though. At least I have the pleasure of sniffing "flu mist" the rest of the day...not quite the same effect as blow but probably better for me in the long run. Cheaper, too. I have to say, with the rollercoaster--or rather, rocket/dive--of early this week, today's ok. Fairly balanced. Maybe cycles like this come in triads, you know, Great day, Shit day, Fine day. Sounds like a Father Son and Ghost acronym to me. So goes life. Despite the freezing wasteland of the outdoors and its seeming reflection of my personal Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, it's all okay. Maybe it takes severe depression and a blizzard to make me drive around looking for people to give rides to. You can't make a profession out of things like that, but you can make a life, and I intend to. Love is not selfish; it doesn't matter if you do something out of love to feel it yourself, because everyone benefits. So I'm going to pick people up in a storm, make a cozy bed on my floor for a displaced friend, direct an old couple to the East parking lot, and let the org keep the 30 cents they would have given me back as change for their fundraiser. He's right, he's right, and it's beautiful to realize that, that peace IS possible and that smiles really work...and I'm starting to understand the Capricorn. Find one, everybody. Fine two, more like it: find one within yourself and one to model. Wake up in your Capricorn's arms and look into his eyes and recharge your battery of hope, feel at peace, and celebrate life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home